North Fork Valley Resident,and/or business owner,
What if you called the ambulance and no one came?
Most people take emergency ambulance service based in Crawford, Hotchkiss and Paonia for granted and that when you diall 911 an ambulance will come. The truth is though, the North Fork Ambulance, YOUR ambulance, is struggling to maintain services and coverage of emergency calls.
Lack of funding and a lack of volunteers threaten the Ambulance's survival.
- Our budget has a projected deficit of $193,000 this year!
- Out of 5,600 households in the North FOrk Valley, only 1,800 or about 30% are members. If membership increased by 50% to 2,700 households, this would help maintain the existing three stations, with the best response times possible in the event of an emergency anywhere in the North Fork Valley!
- We need active volunteers! We need three (3) more CPR Certified Drivers in each community (Paonia, Hotchkiss & Crawford) and three (3) more EMTs in each community. Without more volunteers, the Ambulance will have to close the Crawford and Paonia stations, greatly slowing the response time to these communities.
- The ambulance may have to seek a tax levy to continue the Ambulance if we don't receive support in the form of memberships. Current projections though, indicate the formation of a special district may only fund ONE central station in Hotchkiss to cover all emergencies within our 1,500 square mile service area.
How can you help?
- Become a Member and encourage everyone you know to do so! Membership is about more than just a ride to the hospital; its about keeping emergency ambulance service in the North Fork Valley. Your membership helps guarantee we will be there to help you when you need us.
- Help us recruit the right EMTs and Drivers to respond in emergencies! We need people already trained and individiduals who are willing to complete FREE training!
- Join our North Fork Ambulance Network - a group of people working in non-emergency capacities to maintain the ambulance service in the North Fork Valley.
Please take a few minutes and complete our survey about how you can volunteer as part of the North Fork Ambulance Network by clicking the link below. If completed in Adobe Acrobat, you can fill it out on the computer and email it back to Dawnette Simpson, our outreach coordinator at email@example.com. You may also print it out, fill it in and fold it so the return address is showing, seal the bottom and mail it back to us.
Thank you for your time and support. Help us help you in an emergency - become a member!